The air is getting crisp, the leaves are changing, and the scent of pumpkin-spice is lingering in the air. This must mean that it is finally October! October is a truly wonderful month that helps kick off the end of the calendar year. So, of course, it is important to have a little fun this Halloween season in Katy, Texas. Whether you have already made some Halloween plans for the kids or you are currently looking for something to do, we have got you covered! We understand spooky or scary activities are not for everyone, so we compiled a list that suits a wide range of Halloween plans for the kids.
Tricks or Treats?
October is THE month for candy overloads and spooky fun. Remember to watch your child’s intake of candy to prevent cavities. Brushing and flossing after eating will help keep teeth clean and healthy. There are many great alternatives to helping your child getting bucket loads of good candy! You can find fun neighborhoods to adventure through, or you can check out these cool trick-or-treating options.
- Parents Night Out Trick-or-Treat- On Saturday, October 12th, parents can enjoy a night out while the children get in the spooky spirit at Life Time Fitness’ Halloween event! It goes from 6-10 pm and children will be able to enjoy active fun. Activities include crafts, S.T.E.A.M., and gym games. All these great activities will be fueled by a fun pizza party! Choose Trick or Treat as one of your 12 complimentary Junior Membership events for your child to enjoy the fun. They are located at 23211 Cinco Ranch Blvd, Katy, Texas 77494.
- Scarecrow Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat- On Friday, October 25th, take your children to enjoy the Scarecrow Festival! It starts at 6:30 pm, and the whole family is encouraged to wear costumes and bring their candy buckets. There will be a DJ, vendors, toddler games, pumpkin activities, a haunted house, food trucks, and a costume contest! The festival is free and you can snag tickets for carnival rides and activities at the door. Located at Children’s Lighthouse, 23060 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, Texas 77494.
- Sundown Trunk-or-Treat- On Friday, October 25, Sundown Elementary is hosting a fun trunk-or-treat. There will be creative decoration, games, and of course, candy! It starts at 5 pm so make sure to dress up! Located at 20100 Saums Rd, Katy, Texas 77449.
- First Christian Church Trunk-or-Treat- Join the First Christian Church for family fun, food, candy, and more on October 26th at 5 pm. It is located at 22101 Morton Ranch Road, Katy, TX 77449.
- Family Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat- On October 26th at 12 pm, you and your family can enjoy pumpkin races, a mini pumpkin patch, face painting, bounce houses, caramel apple station, and more. They are located at Cane Island.
Halloween Parties and More!
Halloween parties, pumpkin patches, and festivals all scream fun! They also scream yummy snacks and drinks. Limiting colored sodas that can potentially stain teeth is an excellent way to help your smile maintain its sparkle. If you and your family decide to have some fun drinks, using a straw is a way to help prevent staining.
- Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch- On Saturday, October 12th, join St. Peter’s United Methodist Church for games, food, rides, and of course, a large pumpkin patch that is open until Halloween. The patch is open from 3 pm – 6 pm and located at 20775 Kingsland Blvd.
- YMCA Monty Ballard-Cinco Ranch Fall Family Festival- On Saturday, October 19th, the YMCA invites the community neighbors to enjoy games and trunk-or-treating.
- Fall Festival- The Learning Experience is putting on a great festival where the whole family can enjoy face painting, pumpkin decorating, bounce house, and treats! Join the fun on October 25th at 25785 Katy Freeway, from 6:30 pm to 8 pm.
- Monkey Joe’s Halloween Party- This party takes place on October 25th from 10 am to 8 pm at 511 S. Mason rd. Children that come in costume will get half off admission, and there will be a costume contest and games.
- Mandola Farm & Ranch Annual Halloween Hayride- The Hayride is October 26th, located at the ranch, on 26715 Beckendorff Rd. There will be food and goodies for everyone!
- Fall Festival and Craft Market- The Real Craftwives of Katy group is hosting a free craft market for the community at No Label Brewery. It takes place on October 27th at 12 pm; there will be 60 local vendors, food trucks, live music, and cold craft beer.
Thinking Outside the Jack-O-Lantern
If trick-or-treating and Halloween parties/festivals are not exactly what you are looking for, then have no fear! We found some great activities to enjoy for everyone!
- Pumpkin Pie Kids’ Cooking Class- On October 25th at 4:30 pm, enjoy a kid cooking class for ages 2-12 years old (an adult must accompany children under five). You will learn how to make pumpkin pie from scratch, and all ingredients are vegetarian. It is put on by The Harmonious Kitchen, and information can be found online.
- Savage Car Meet (Halloween Edition)- Lava Boba is putting on a car meet in Katy. They will be doing a costume contest, so make sure to dress up! October 25th at 7:30 pm, there will be tasty drinks and desserts to satisfy your cravings. It is located at 21040 Highland Knolls Dr. #500.
- Hocus Pocus Movie Night- At Central Green Park at LaCenterra on October 26th, there will be a free screening of the family favorite Hocus Pocus! The movie starts at 6 pm, so bring chairs and blankets and make yourself comfortable before then. It is located at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd.
- “Stranger Things” Themed Haunted House- The haunted house is being put on by the Katy Visual and Performing Arts center on October 26th, 7 pm to 12 am. Tickets are $15 at the door!
- Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra showing of The Exorcist- On Halloween night, you can stop by the theater and watch a showing of one of the more controversial and popular movies of its time. The film starts at 7:30 pm, it is for ages 18, and up and children six and up will be allowed only with an adult. Located at 2707 Commercial Center Blvd Suite k100, Katy, TX 77494.
We hope you enjoy the list of fun activities going on this Halloween season. Remember to brush after you eat your seasonal treats! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. If you are ready to make your next appointment, you can give us a call or schedule an appointment with our Kids Dentist in Katy. We hope to see you soon!